Headed over to Skinny Taste tonight to try a new recipe and I was not disappointed. I wanted a low carb recipe that my husband could easily toss over a bowl of rice for himself. He’s never a fan when I start a “cut” and the carbs drop 😂.
One Skillet Chicken with Bacon and Green Beans taken from Skinny Taste
- 4 strips center cut/thick cut bacon
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- Kosher salt (I used pink himalayan instead)
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (additional 1/2 cup if omitting the following ingredient)
- 1/2 white whine (omit if paleo/whole 30. I left this ingredient out of my recipe and it was still delicious)
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme (dried works just as well)
- 8 oz fresh raw green beans
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat (good time to break out the cast iron).
Add the bacon and sauté until brown and crisp. Remove from the pan and place on paper towel covered plate to drain. Remove most of the grease from the pan
Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and cook through. Plate on plate and cover with foil.
**Side note. That fork is amazing for turning chicken because it doesn’t let it slip off. And that little rooster is a life saver as I am always dropping utensils down in the pan and having to fish them out**
Add the shallots to the now empty skillet and sauté 1 minute, scraping up brown bits. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
Then comes the broth, (and optional wine) and thyme. Skinny Taste says to add green beans to liquid and turn to medium-high heat for 8 minutes. I like my green beans to be more southern style so I placed a lid on and cooked for 5 minutes to make them more soft than crisp. I then removed the lid and lowered the heat a bit until the sauce was reduced.
Top chicken with green beans, remaining sauce, and bacon and enjoy!